1. Could someone please tell the fine folks that are running the Oakland Coliseum, that it might be time to replace the plumbing rather than waiting until it backs up again into the visiting team’s dugout?
2. The Jays are currently shopping Drew Storen. Wouldn’t he be a great fit in Cincinnati?
3. Things aren’t so sunny for Oakland starter Gray, as he hits the DL with a strained right trapezius. This might help explain his run of horrid starts.
4. Was the 11 strikeout performance by Michael Fulmer Saturday evening, his coming out party?
5. After what many considered to be a slow start, Mookie Betts has picked up the pace in the past three weeks. Is he the BoSox MVP?
6. Jose Altuve is currently leading the AL in WAR with a 3.2. Not a surprise. Adam Eaton is second with a 3.0 WAR. Raise your hand if you saw that happening?
7. How can a Canadian baseball fan not root for a player with the last name Mahtook?
8. Hunter Pence is currently tied for fourth in the NL with 32 RBI’s. He’s on pace for 115 RBI’s. His career high is 112, recorded back in the 2012 campaign.
9. It’s an oldie but a personal favourite, so I’m going once more around the block with it. You’ll Ryu the day that you don’t pick up Hyun-Jin.
10. Colby Lewis is throwing cheese and has turned into a Fantasy Muenster.
11. Even Danny Salazar couldn’t control the high-flying Red Sox offense in Fenway. If they aren’t named Kershaw, Arrieta, or Sale, sitting those visiting starters is the only safe play.
12. Heading into today’s action, the current ERA leaders were Jake Arrieta, Chris Sale, and Clayton Kershaw. No surprises. Spots four-thru-seven, were owned by Danny Salazar, Gio Gonzalez, Drew Pomeranz, and Jose Quintana. Plenty of surprises.
13. Jackie Bradley Jr. is currently leading the AL in BA and tied for third with Jose Bautista in RBI’s. Today, he also extended his current hitting streak to 27 games. In Mixed Leagues, JBJ has to be the most valuable waiver wire add of the 2016 campaign.