A dozen gems from our great Soothsayer…
- The Tampa Bay Rays have hit more home runs than the Washington Nationals and Houston Astros.
- The Tigers are planning on activating Cameron Maybin Monday. It’s time to give up the Gose with Anthony.
- Jeanmar Gomez is leading all of baseball with 14 saves. Really?
- For those that had the forsythe to make a move early, Steven Pearce should soon have second base eligibility.
- The Phillies are currently in second place in the tough NL East, one game out of first, and a half game up on the Mets. They also have a deep group of talented youngsters honing their craft in the Minors. What an amazing start for the Phillies.
- The Jays and Tigers need to find bullpen help and very quickly at that.
- The White Sox currently lead the AL Central by five-and-a-half games. With the Tribe being offensively challenged and the Royals struggling with their rotation, could the Pale Hose run away and hide?
- The Atlanta Braves have hit nine homers thus far in 2016. The good news is this leaves them only four homers shy of tying the poorest home run hitting team in the International League, the Louisville (lack of) Bats.
- The DBacks have put David Peralta on the Dl with his nagging wrist issue and have called up Michael Bourn. Let’s hope that Peralta’s DL stint is a short one.
- ”Edwin Diaz is the top arm in the system and did have a good year. However, his low three-quarters delivery might eventually force him to the bullpen.” Good call, Mr. Wilson, as the Mariners have done exactly that. The injuries to Joaquin Benoit, Tony Zych, Charlie Furbush, Evan Scribner, and Ryan Cook could see Diaz arriving in Seattle much sooner than originally expected.
- The Avi ship hasn’t quite sailed.
- Manny Margot is batting .359, with 13 runs scored and five stolen bases in his past ten games. I’m avoiding the call-up rush and buying in early.