From the amusing mind of Mr. Tim McCleod…
- In 19 regular season starts since the 2015 All Star game, Jake Arrieta has allowed a total of 12 earned runs. Amazing, is an understatement.
- Jeff Locke is proof that Ray Searage is but a mere mortal.
- Somebody forgot to explain the Coors Effect to Kenta Maeda, as he took a no-hitter into the sixth inning last night, before eventually settling for a three-hit victory. Not very often do you see a starter with an ERA (.36) lower than their WHIP (.87).
- I wonder if Terry Ryan and Neal Huntington watched the Tampa Bay/New York Yankee game on Saturday?
- An Austin Voth delivers better performance than an Aston Martin.
- Jose Abreu, Albert Pujols, Joey Votto, Freddie Freeman, Prince Fielder, and Anthony Rizzo are all looking up at the Mendoza Line.
- Charlie Blackmon appears to be a fast healer as he’s talking about heading out on a rehab start as early as next week.
- 9-3-2-6-2-5 is not the follow up single by Tommy Tutone.
- Neris I can see, the Philly bullpen is starting to stabilize.
- If you google “brittle”, it takes you to a picture of Michael Saunders.
- “I am Mr. Roarke, your host. Welcome to Fantasy Island”
- Adam Duvall has been named the permanent left fielder in Cincinnati. In deeper Leagues I’d give him a look. He did manage to display some pretty decent power (130 homers) in his Minor League career.
- Curt Schilling finally talked his way out of his job at ESPN and the game of baseball is much better for it.
- The “closer-by-committee” in Oakland appears to be missing the committee part of the program.
- Khris (with a K) Davis seems very appropriate in 2016.